Thursday, March 26, 2009

Life As A Biker Chick

It is so awesome that spring is here and summer is just around the corner. I have waited all winter for this! If you've never rode a bike, you don't know what you are missing. Everyone says it is freedom and it is so true. I can't think of anything I would rather be doing than sitting behind my old man feeling the wind blow through my hair. The sound of riding in a pack of bikes is so thunderous, feeling it through your whole body.
Everyone, well most everyone, has such a bad impression of bikers. They have more respect than anyone in this world. They take care of each other like family, because we are family. We have helped pay for funerals, medical expenses, christmas toys for kids, other fund raisers for the people in our community as the need arises. So don't give them a bad wrap, don't be afraid. We are awesome people. 
That said, we might look a little different, but we are regular people like you. We work in restaurants, factories, government, law enforcement, the military, health care and every other field you can think of. Your doctor might spend more time on his bike than on the golf course.
This year we have already had several memorial runs, run for the roof ( to help a friend fix his roof that was damaged in our recent storms) and we have 2 runs for friends that have recently passed away. It's a good excuse to ride and help a friend out at the same time. We have lots of fun and always meet new people along the way. We see scenery throughout the country that you just can't experience any other way.
So I am proud to be a biker. I think I have become a better person for it. 

1 comment:

  1. Amen Sister! I think we are the most amazing group of people on the planet earth!

    ReplyDelete